Pedestrian Accident Attorney in San Diego, Sacramento, CA, Orange, CA, Riverside, and San Bernardino, CAPedestrian Accidents
Every single day, thousands and thousands of pedestrians are injured as a result of car and vehicle collisions.
Pedestrian Accidents in San Diego, Sacramento, CA, Orange, CA, Riverside, and San Bernardino, CA
Pedestrian accidents and fatalities happen more frequently in California than many other states. Most of the pedestrian accidents are caused by distracted driving, cell phone use, drunk or impaired driving or negligence. If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian crash, call Rawlins Law, APC. We will go to battle for you!
Auto & Vehicle Accidents
The Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS) in California, 2015 shows:
3,435 Persons Killed
254,561 Persons Injured
3,168 Fatal Collisions
178,669 Injury Collisions
Pedestrians here in California who survive collisions with automobiles, trucks, buses, motorbikes, or other types of vehicles often have catastrophic injuries. A significant number of pedestrian accident victims or pedestrian accident lawsuits may have a lasting disability due to their injuries, which may need months or years of rigorous medical therapy before they may fully recover.
Because of these aggressive drivers, it may lead to significant future expenses that we will talk about in this article.
When a car collides with a pedestrian, they are completely unprotected. That’s why pedestrian accident attorney is important here in California. Motorists are protected by seat belts and airbags, while motorcyclists and bicyclists are often equipped with helmets and other protective gear. However, pedestrian accident cases have nothing to cushion the power of a hit. People on foot may get severe injuries from the first impact with the car and be flung to the ground or into objects near the vehicle.
The following are examples of catastrophic pedestrian accident injuries that we have seen:
- Damage to the brain: Pedestrian fatalities who are involved in car accidents are often struck in the head with great force. Head fractures, injured pedestrians, traffic accidents, facial deformity, and severe traumatic brain damage are all possible consequences of this. Depending on the severity of the injury, victims may become unconscious or possibly enter a coma.
When they first wake up, they may exhibit indicators of physical impairment, behavioral issues, and cognitive deficits, among other things. Often, rehabilitation is a lengthy process, with many sufferers of traumatic brain injury never regaining their previous capacities. They may need residential monitoring 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for the rest of their life.
- Injuries to the spinal column: Broken bones, Injuries to the spinal cord may affect the brain’s ability to communicate with the rest of the body, resulting in a loss of function in the affected areas. Injured victims will need immediate medical attention, and they will likely be hospitalized for an extended period. Victims may be paralyzed even if they get the most excellent care possible and never walk again and you really need pedestrian accident claims for the legal claim.
- Internal bleeds or injuries: Injuries that cannot be seen from the outside are often the most serious. Damage to internal organs and ruptured blood vessels may result from collisions. In the absence of adequate blood flow, oxygen circulation might be gravely compromised. When internal injuries aren’t detected in time, they frequently need emergency surgery and prolonged hospitalization. Some organs may never be able to return to their pre-injury state after the pedestrian is hit so it’s important to get police reports right away.
- Trauma and amputations: It is difficult, if not impossible, to restore bone damage caused by long-term, high-force exertion. The loss of a limb after a severe soft-tissue injury may also be permanent just because of pedestrian injured. Experts may be needed to assist with the recovery process, in addition to any ongoing treatment for prosthesis or other issues.
What is pedestrian negligence here in California?
Accidents involving pedestrian crossing or practice areas often result in serious injuries. Pedestrian accidents are often the result of a driver’s carelessness or negligence. But there are situations when pedestrians’ behaviors cause problems. “Negligent pedestrian” and how this affects compensation in these incidents are the subject of our discussion here.
Pedestrians must obey all traffic signal control devices comparative negligence state. Without a crosswalk or other means of traffic regulation, pedestrians must exercise extreme care. For a pedestrian to safely cross a street, there must be no traffic or sufficient space between cars.
Without traffic signals, drivers of cars must stop and allow pedestrians to pass before they may go. They must stay stopped until the pedestrian has passed by. It is illegal for drivers approaching another vehicle to overtake or pass at a stopped vehicle to yield to a pedestrian in this case it’s proven negligence.
Can I claim compensation for a pedestrian accident in California?
There is a tendency to think that drivers who strike pedestrians are automatically liable for their actions. It’s important to build attorney-client relationship. Unfortunately, this isn’t true since every injured party must first establish their fault to get monetary compensation. A victim of a car accident involving must prove that the driver was negligent in holding them liable here in California law. The driver may be accused of:
- Out of focus driving: Pedestrians may not be seen by a motorist who is texting or otherwise not paying attention to the road ahead and may not be able to stop in time to avoid an accident or marked crosswalk.
- Drunk driving: Intoxicated drivers are more likely to make mistakes, resulting in slower response times, blurred eyesight, and less control over their vehicles. All of these factors may contribute to a drunk driver colliding with a pedestrian.
- Violations of the traffic law: A car speeding or motor vehicle accident may not be able to slow down sufficiently to enable a pedestrian to cross the street safely. Passenger accidents may occur when drivers fail to obey traffic signals or yield at crosswalks properly.
- Assault: In certain situations, a car may intentionally strike a pedestrian safety out of range or other criminal motivations rather than through accident. Criminal prosecution will not assist a critically wounded pedestrian in recovering the maximum amount of compensation they are entitled to. Instead, the pedestrian must seek compensation via filing a civil lawsuit in a court of law.
These are just a few examples of the many careless or improper conduct that might result in a motorist colliding with pedestrians. In addition, drivers are not the only ones who might be held liable for their actions. For example, a vehicle manufacturer may have sold a vehicle with brakes that were improperly designed or constructed.
Whenever a motorist tries to slow down or stop for a pedestrian, and the brakes fail, the driver may collide with the pedestrian, who is not at fault in this situation.
Wrongful Death Claims
If a pedestrian is injured in the worst-case scenario, they will not live. More than 6,000 pedestrians were killed in traffic accidents in 2018. The loss of a spouse, parent, sibling, or kid isn’t the only thing that occurs to the bereaved when a loved one dies from cancer. While it’s never easy to lose a loved one, it’s much more challenging when that person was also your primary breadwinner, putting your loved ones in a precarious financial situation.
Certain close family members and dependents may file a wrongful death claim under California law. It is possible to file a claim for a wide range of damages, such as:
- Expenses associated with a funeral.
- The cost of burying a loved one.
- Health care expenses incurred before the death of a loved one; income and future financial support of the deceased; and
- Reductions in the availability of domestic services including childcare, food preparation, and cleaning.
- Intimacy with a partner that was once a part of your life but has since faded away.
No amount of money will ever be able to bring your loved one back to you because of wrongful death damages. However, your family’s financial situation may improve so that you can concentrate on your mental recovery.
Use Reputable Attorneys to Strengthen Your Case
You cannot just blame a motorist or any individual for being distracted or negligent if you want to hold them accountable. To establish a person’s guilt, the courts demand proof. An officer’s arrest of a drunk driver or citation of a motorist for running a red light might assist in establishing carelessness in some instances. However, these pedestrian-involved accidents this is not the case in the vast majority of situations. When it comes to proving our clients’ claims, personal injury protection, or insurance company we rely on the hard work of our investigators. Afterward, we put this evidence to work in settlement discussions and, if necessary, in front of juries.
Fortunately, our lawyers have a proven track record of successfully establishing our clients’ multi-million dollar damages. Economic and non-economic damages might be included in this category, such as:
- Medical expenses/ costs of the past and the future.
- Losses in the past and the future.
- Pain and suffering in the body.
- Trauma to the mind.
- Disfigurement or incapacity for lifelong use.
After a terrible injury, the last thing you want to do is add a burden to your life. For assistance, contact Rawlins Law. Our goal is to make the legal procedure as easy as possible for our clients. If you wait too long, the statute of limitations may run out, and you will no longer be able to pursue compensation/ recover compensation.
Free Case Evaluations are available for Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Rawlins Law.
Each and every one of our clients especially here in California who has been injured in a pedestrian accident is treated with the utmost respect and dignity by the pedestrian accident lawyers at our firm and was given legal advice.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Set Up A Free Case Evaluation Today!
Or you can complete the form below.
473 E. Carnegie Dr
San Bernardino, CA 92408
333 H Street Suite 5000
Chula Vista, CA 91910
500 La Terraza Blvd Suite 150
Escondido, CA 92025
980 9th Street 16th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
8383 Wilshire Blvd Suite 800
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
11801 Pierce St Suite 200
Riverside, CA 92505
18650 MacArthur Blvd Suite 300
Irvine, CA 92612
4900 California Ave 210 b
Bakersfield, CA 93309