The United States sees an annual average of 6 million car accidents. Every day, car accidents kill more than 90 individuals. T-bone accidents make up a subset of these incidences. The costs of treating injuries sustained in a T-bone accident can cost thousands, and so can the time away from work. To ensure you get the money and care you deserve, call a car accident lawyer near you to negotiate with insurance companies and doctors.
Causes of a T-bone Accident
Below are some of the causes of a T-bone accident.
- A driver’s refusal to give way to oncoming traffic. It can occur if a motorist disobeys a traffic control device, such as a stop sign or a red light, or if the vehicle makes a left turn in front of oncoming traffic.
- When motorists are preoccupied with their phones, GPS, or anything else, they are more likely to cause a T-bone collision. It can make it harder to keep an eye out for oncoming traffic and make good judgment calls.
- Excessive speed may increase the likelihood of a T-bone collision because it reduces a driver’s ability to respond quickly to changing road and traffic circumstances.
- Drunk drivers are more prone to cause T-bone collisions because they may not be able to respond fast or make sound judgments while behind the wheel.
- T-bone collisions are common because drivers have to swerve to avoid obstacles on the road, such as potholes, and end up colliding with other vehicles as a result.
- The failure of one or more cars involved, such as malfunctioning brakes or a blown tire, might cause a T-bone collision.
T-bone Accident Liability in San Diego
When determining who must pay for damages in a T-bone collision in San Diego, California, the at-fault driver’s percentage of culpability is taken into account. If the other motorist was at fault, they might be held financially responsible for any injuries or property damage that resulted. However, other aspects of the incident may also affect responsibility in a T-bone collision. It could be the case if the motorist who triggered the T-bone were speeding or acting recklessly. The motorist who caused the T-bone collision could have been texting or not paying attention. Liability in a T-bone collision should be determined after a complete examination and investigation of the incident. To do so, investigators can look at things like skid tracks and car damage, consult police records and talk to eyewitnesses. A San Diego car accident attorney can help you understand the legal system and assert your rights.
T-bone Accident Injuries
If the cars involved are large or heavy, the speed of the crash and the angle at which they collide can all contribute to a fatal outcome in a T-bone accident, also known as a side-impact collision. Side impacts are hazardous since they cause severe stress to the head, chest, and abdomen and frequently result in serious injury or death owing to the lack of protection provided by a vehicle’s side. T-bone accidents, sometimes called side impact crashes, are particularly dangerous because of the force with which the vehicles collide. Injuries such as these are common in T-bone collisions:
- Brain damage, concussions, and broken skulls are expected outcomes of T-bone collisions. These wounds may be severe, requiring substantial medical care.
- Accidents involving T-bones also pose a risk of inflicting devastating spinal cord injuries, which can lead to paralysis and other complications.
- Several bones in the body, including the ribs, arms, and legs, are susceptible to breaking in a T-bone collision.
- Broken glass or other debris flying up from a T-bone collision can cause severe lacerations to the occupants.
- Injury to the neck and spine produced by rapid head and neck movement is known as whiplash, a common complication of T-bone collisions.
- T-bone collisions can pose a risk of internal injuries, including organ damage and bleeding if the vehicle’s structure is compromised.
Seek prompt medical assistance following a T-bone collision to evaluate and treat any injuries.
Compensation for a T-bone Accident in San Diego
T-bone collision victims in San Diego might be eligible for financial compensation for their injuries. Compensation can be awarded for expenses such as hospital bills, missed earnings, damaged property, and emotional distress. Settlements for car accidents can vary depending on the victim’s injuries. You should contact a car accident lawyer with expertise in cases like yours to find out how much money you may claim. When they examine the details of your case, an attorney will have a better idea of what your losses are and what you may be owed. The extent of your injuries, the value of the property damaged, and the quantity of insurance coverage all play a role in determining how much money you may be able to collect in damages. Reasonable compensation can be challenging to get from the other driver’s insurance company. An experienced attorney can help you negotiate a favorable settlement or litigate your case to protect your rights if required. Do not hesitate to contact a car accident lawyer immediately if a T-bone collision injured you or a loved one in San Diego. Seek the counsel of an expert car accident attorney to guide you through the legal process and to help you get compensation.
Procedures To Take After a T-bone Accident in San Diego
Below is what you need to do after getting involved in a T-bone accident in San Diego.
- Look for signs of injury and get help if you need it. Contact emergency services if you or someone nearby sustains injuries.
- Make sure to report the incident to the authorities by calling them. After receiving a report, authorities can decide to investigate the collision further.
- Communicate with the other motorist and share information. Collect the other driver’s contact details, including their name, insurance provider, policy number, phone number, and license plate number. Do not engage if the other driver is angry or belligerent.
- Take pictures of the scene and the wreckage of your car.
- Get contact info for witnesses. Get in touch with anybody who may have seen the incident and inquire about what they observed.
- Make a phone call to your insurance provider and let them know what happened.
- See a doctor regardless of how you feel. Some wounds won’t show up immediately.
- Use the services of a competent attorney who specializes in personal injury cases. To get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses, seek the advice of an attorney who is experienced in insurance claims.
Statute of Limitations on T-bone Accidents in San Diego
Personal injury lawsuits resulting from a T-bone collision in San Diego, California, typically have a two-year statute of limitations from the accident. There is a two-year window after the accident during which the injured party can file a lawsuit. The T-bone accident victim can lose their right to sue for compensation for their injuries if the statute of limitations expires. However, there are exceptions to this limitation, including where the plaintiff was a juvenile at the time of the incident or when the plaintiff was unable to submit a claim due to mental incapacity. Hire a car accident lawyer to ensure you file on time.
Why You Need a T-bone Accident Lawyer in San Diego
To get the best representation after a T-bone collision in San Diego, you should talk to a lawyer with experience with situations like yours. Due to the inadequate protection provided by most cars, people involved in T-bone accidents often suffer life-threatening injuries. A San Diego car accident attorney can guide you through the legal maze to get the money you need to recover from your injuries. Together, you’ll try to compile proof that can be presented to the insurance provider or in court. They will also deal with the other motorist’s insurance company to negotiate a settlement on your behalf. To safeguard your interests and guarantee a fair resolution of your lawsuit after a T-bone collision, contact a car accident attorney without delay so you get the justice and financial compensation you deserve. Below are some ways a T-bone accident lawyer in San Diego will help you.
- A car accident attorney in San Diego will investigate the incident by consulting relevant sources such as police records, interviewing eyewitnesses, and analyzing any photographic or video documentation of the incident that may exist.
- The attorney’s job is to determine who is responsible for the accident and file a claim against them. It can include the other motorist or the manufacturer of a defective car part.
- The attorney will negotiate with the at-fault parties’ insurance providers on behalf of his client to get a reasonable payment.
- If a satisfactory settlement cannot be achieved, the attorney can bring a lawsuit on behalf of the client to recover compensation for the client’s losses.
- The lawyer will appear in court on the client’s behalf to defend the client’s legal rights and interests.
- The lawyer will advise the client on their legal rights and alternatives so that the client can make educated choices about how to proceed with their case.
Get in Touch With a Qualified T-Bone Accident Lawyer in San Diego
A San Diego car accident attorney may help you get your deserved compensation. Skilled lawyers with extensive expertise in T-bone accident lawsuits and a history of favorable outcomes for our clients can guide you through the legal system and advocate for you so that you get the money you deserve. For the best possible outcome, your lawyers will work directly with you to learn about your situation and formulate a plan. They’ll also compile a file of relevant documents, such as hospital records, witness statements, and accident reports, to back up your claim. Do not hesitate to contact a car accident lawyer if a T-bone collision hurt you or a loved one if you’re interested in learning more about their services. They can defend your interests and get the compensation you need for your losses.